NYC is large and overwhelming. Romantic partner and I are going for vacation for 4 days (sept 16-20ish). Only things on the agenda so far are: Doughnut Plant and Pickle Guys. What else should we do? (Also,where should we stay?) [snowflake details inside]
I realize this has been asked millions of times, and the VRBO seems like a good choice, but there are a million listings!
Things we find neat:
* free stuff
* kinky, pervy things (and other sexytimes, pm if you need more specific details!)
* weird museums
* nature in the city?
* veg*n food, etc., weird foodie stuff.
* bike punkiness
* diy/craft/steampunk/etsy/make etc.
* low stress. We're trying to be flexible.
* queer stuff (though we're a cis-guy and cis-woman, if it matters)
* tmbg-related pilgramages, if any exist.
Not so much:
* night time / club stuff
* fancy bars (unless they're really bizarre/interesting for some reason!)
Must sees? Make a plug for your favorite 'hood. We're looking for quality of experience, not the whirlwind tour of the city!
Snowflake details: we're 30s, very fit, anglo, understand transit and maps, edumacated, coming from Minneapolis.
We're looking for a "1 thing per day" kind of trip. While that thing *could be* Central Park, I'd like different options. We're open to ideas like "ride the subway for a while" if people are willing to give a bit of guidance!
Accommodation advice also welcome, if there is a great boutique or otherwise interesting idea (not sure if we're ChelseaArms level of interesting or not!). We're looking to spend http://www.vrbo.com/254426
Thanks in advance! PM's also welcome.