Los Angeles Romance 101
July 29, 2010 7:14 AM Subscribe
Is romance alive and well in Los Angeles? Help me romance a queer girl in LA.
posted by FlamingBore to Human Relations (10 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I just started dating an amazing woman who lives in Hollywood and while we're both romantics at heart she has only lived in the area for six months while I live in Denver. I am flying out this weekend to see her again and would love to get some ideas of the quintessential romantic things to do in the LA area. Details include:
- We're queer and of the Butch (me)/Femme (she) variety.
- She's in her late 20s and I'm 40, though maintain a youthful outlook.
- She's an ethical vegan. I'm not, but am super respectful of her choices and don't eat meat or much in the way of animal products when I'm with her.
- She does have a dog with somewhat aggressive tendencies so anything to do with "take the dog to the dog park" is probably not in our best interest at this point.
- While money is not an issue for me, she shies away from *excessively* flashy/expensive things.
We both love film, music and experiences in general. We can make a good time out of just about anything (hello creepy Scientology Museum of Psychiatry & Death!). We've done the Griffith Observatory and loved that a lot. We're likely to hit the Getty or the Getty Villa this weekend and if there are any hints or tips for romantic touches there, bring it.