I want to make the absolute most awesome live music trip across the United States next summer. I need your ideas of where to go.
A couple friends and I are planning a trip after we graduate from University next year. The idea is to head down east coast of the United States to see as many awesome concerts and live music shows as possible.
A couple details:
1) We will being going sometime between May and August 2011
2) We're mostly looking for blues
music, but a bit of acoustic or indie is good too. I like a lot of the bands on Austin City Limits
if that helps.
3) Pretty much anything in the eastern half of the United States
4) We like real music with real musicians. We're fans of the actual music
. We're not looking for DJs, clubs, or pop music kinda stuff.
5) It has to make this trip epic!
So, what venues, concert halls, and theaters do we need to see? What are some of the great festivals? What are the best cities for live music? Are there some local bands we absolutely must see?
From a huge week-long rock festival to a single blues man on the streets, I want to see them all. Links to any particular artisits would be very helpful. Every idea helps! Pretend you're making your own epic live music tour!
(bonus question: Has anyone tried something similar before?)