Melted plastic in a barbecue
June 14, 2010 3:46 PM Subscribe
OMGWTFBBQFilter: I left a wire brush inside my propane barbecue when lighting it up, and it got a little bit...molten. How do I clean this up?
posted by The Lurkers Support Me in Email to home & garden (13 answers total)
The brush head and handle were made of plastic and melted all over the place. I scraped most of it off the lower grill, but there's still some bits down inside the barbecue next to the elements. Also, the upper grill still has the remnants of the brush
stuck to it which I can't break/scrape off.
I thought about laying down some aluminium foil and cranking up the heat to burn it off, but when the plastic burns it really burns
(open flames) and not just smoulders, which I'm not too comfortable with. Also, I don't know what kind of residue (if any) this might leave behind. What should I do?