June 14, 2010 4:01 PM Subscribe
Help me back up my 25,000 photos in a safe, reliable, convenient way.
posted by greensalsa to technology (21 answers total) 24 users marked this as a favorite
I take about 200 photos a months of my kids, pets, cooking, whatever and it’s added up. I’d love your advice and experience with the best method to store/backup photos. I want safe but I also want easy. What I’ve tried, pros and cons:
1. USB – portable but not enough space, easy to misplace/lose
2. CD’s – what I’ve been using but kind of a pain and I have hundreds at this point
3. Websites such as smugmug, snapfish – pros not using my memory space but cons really time consuming uploads, remembering passwords, and I’d like to have the photos in my possession (I have a secret fear these sites will disappear from the internet taking my photos with them)
1. Anyone have experience using external hard drives?
2. Anyone think they have a good organizational system for storage as far as naming and dating photos?