Can you help entertain my kid?
April 10, 2010 6:33 AM Subscribe
I need movies for my 3 year old kid to watch on my iphone. Suggestions wanted. Pretty specific parameters...
posted by norm to Media & Arts (20 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
my kid has kind of weird tastes but can be entertained for good stretches by watching movies on my iPhone. I'm looking to get an extra movie or two through iTunes before we leave on a long car trip-- very short notice-- in about six hours. Any further answers after then is fine, too, as we have to drive back after the memorial service in question.
Here are the basic parameters:
* he loves music, and music videos. Lady Gaga (uh no, not the Telephone video, what kind of monster do you think I am?), The Postal Service, Fatboy Slim, OKGO, he loves watching these.
* he likes cartoons like Bugs Bunny, but has no use for slower ones like Clifford (thank god, me neither)
* He likes nature movies, but tends to prefer ones with music in the background as opposed to boring narration
* basically I'd love to get a movie or two that are an hour or two long with virtually ONLY music in the background, the techno-y the better, with nature or something else interesting to watch. Or if you can buy collections of reasonably appropriate videos of good fast music, that would work too.
* he also likes things like 'how it's made' and other factory type settings.
* he's cool with musicals, at least the part with actual music. We can watch The Wizard Of Oz, for example, but I have to skip through the scary parts and basically we just watch the songs.
Any suggestions? Again, to make this easy, I'd really like to get one or three through iTunes in the next few hours just to have ready for him.