As much as I won't mind a few extra hours of sleep...
December 29, 2009 7:37 PM Subscribe
I am flying from Vancouver to Toronto tomorrow morning. Can someone clarify what the flight experience will be like?
posted by synecdoche to travel & transportation (12 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I'm a bit stymied by all of the conflicting information that is going around about flights from Canadian airports in the wake of the latest terrorist incident. Most of what I have read says the new restrictions apply to flights into the United States, but I've also encountered some hearsay that flights within Canada are facing some restrictions as well. I was hoping somebody can help me cut through the noise.
1) My flight is on Air Canada at 8am. How early do I need to be at the airport for a domestic flight from YVR?
2) What, exactly, are the carry-on baggage restrictions? Will I be okay with my backpack, containing a laptop, an iPod (with headphones), and some books?
3) Will I still be able to watch the in-flight movies and such? (I was told by a friend that because this display includes the on-screen map, it may be disabled, especially if the flight goes over/near American airspace)
4) Is the "nothing on/near your lap for the last hour" rule in effect?
5) Anything else I need to know that I am forgetting?
I want to get on the plane and to my destination with minimal fuss and stress, and being prepared before I head out so early in the morning will make a big difference.