We were never mnml

IdentifyThisElectronicMusicFilter: Does anybody know the name/artist/album of this minimal electronic track I found in a liveset (big mp3)? Or anything similar?

I've been obsessed with this track (and liveset) for months and I really hope it's not an unreleased track from Move D and Benjamin Brunn because I hope it just points me in the direction of a new artist.

Anyway, if you don't know, but do know something you think I would like if I liked this track, that would be great too.
posted by azarbayejani to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Fabric 12, mixed by Amalgamation of Soundz might be up your alley. I picked this up after listening to it on the ipod of a guy I met while travelling. He told me the rest of the Fabric stuff was similar, but I haven't given it a go yet.

Looking forward to finding out more about the track you posted. If there's anything I should check out, do let me know. (mefi mail if need be)
posted by backwards guitar at 6:31 PM on October 10, 2009

This track sounds like it should be from the "thinner netlabel" catalogue. I've been trying all the bands on the label that sound similar, but I can't come up with a match. Nulleins is very very close in sound though, and if you like that track, I'm sure you'll like the band - give the album Seven Spaces a spin. I've mentioned some of these bands before on MeFi, but I'd like to recommend Marko F├╝rstenberg (Classics album), Lomov (Mounting Stags album), and Ben Businovski (Simulacraic Wonderland album). Hope that helps, or at least gets you on the path to mew music.
posted by Zack_Replica at 12:24 AM on October 11, 2009

If you found it in a liveset by Move D and Benjamin Brunn, then it is a track by Move D and Benjamin Brunn. Because it is a live set not a DJ set.
posted by dydecker at 6:50 AM on October 11, 2009

This is strongly reminiscent of Sasu Ripatti's stuff, who records under various pseudonyms such as Vladislav Delay, Luomo, and Uusitalo (none of which I noticed on your last.fm artist list). Check out Vocalcity (recorded as Luomo; this is pretty much a classic) and Tulenkantaja (recorded as Uusitalo).
posted by aparrish at 7:33 AM on October 11, 2009

You're probably right dydecker. It's just pretty different from the stuff they release on albums, so I was assuming they were covering/sampling something.
posted by azarbayejani at 8:12 AM on October 11, 2009

« Older I have had two major professio...   |  Cheap buses from NYC to Washin... Newer »