I just want a nice box
January 26, 2009 9:01 AM Subscribe
I can't believe this is so hard to find. I have this Expedit
bookcase from Ikea. I bought some cubes
from Ikea to fit on the shelves, but not enough. I bought 7, I need 5 more. I don't want to buy anymore from Ikea but I can't find this type of storage anywhere else in the UK! More specs inside.
posted by like_neon to home & garden (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
- I don't want rattan, or wicker, or seagrass or anything like those things. A light wood would be ok if I could stain it.
- Preferably made of some sort of fabric, but not leather because the shelves we have is a dark wood color and I want the boxes to pop out in color.
- Needs to be about 30cm x 30cm to fit well.
- If it's like a cheerful green I would be totally happy but now I'm not even that picky because I can't find anything that fit the first three requirements.
- This is in the UK.
- I don't know if it really matters but I am going to store yarn/wool in them, which are in plastic bags. (moth paranoia) I guess that matters in that I don't really want clear plastic boxes either.
Otherwise, anyone know of tutorials on how to make your own? I don't have a sewing machine but MIGHT be able to borrow one if I get desperate.