Frailty the movie: did I get all of that right? (Needless to say, major spoilers inside!)
This is about the movie, Frailty
, which I had the recent chance to see in a badly transfered, and scratch-skippy to boot, DVD. The ending in particular was pretty mangled on this copy.
1. Should we understand that McConaughey can really see the unredeemable evil people have done?
2. Did him touching a sinner cause said sinner to go wobbly, as seemed the case with Boothe, who stopped fighting in spite of being physically unharmed otherwise?
3. Was his blonde pregnant wife fully knowing of McConaughey's "mission" and abilities? She seemed to be covering for him and lied to Boothe when he called the small town's sheriff office to ask about "Fenton" (if I didn't misheard the crappy audio?).
4. Why does the angel appearing to his father look like an adult Adam (that is, McC.)?
5. Should we understand that young Fenton truly had a vision in the cellar, and that this vision was the need to kill his father? (If so, a neat interpretation I like is that this was due to the father killing the innocent sheriff, a thing that was definitely outside his "divine call".)