Office 2003 keeps trying to re-install with registration errors!
September 30, 2004 5:38 AM Subscribe
Ack! Microsoft Office is revolting against me! Help! Save me! [More Inside, of course]
posted by NotMyselfRightNow to computers & internet (3 answers total)
I have a Gateway 200X laptop that is about six months old, running Windows XP. I purchased and installed Office 2003 along with it, and am now starting to have difficulties with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
When I go to start up one of the programs, I get the following series of messages and errors (this being specifically taken from trying to open Word this morning):
(1) Preparing to Install
(2) Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
(3) Error 1402. Setup cannot open the registry key HTKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common
(4) Error 1402. Setup cannot open the registry key HTKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word
(5) User Name. Please enter your full name and initials below:
(6) User Name. Please enter your full name and initials below:
And then the program starts for me. Things work, but it’s frustrating as all hell to go through this every time I want to open up a program. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!