Distance learning in IR - more MSc than PhD
August 9, 2004 10:12 AM   Subscribe

Postgraduate qualifications in International Relations by distance learning: does anyone know of any good schools or courses, I'm thinking probably MSc rather than PhD. Also any experiences with distrance learning gratefully appreciated
posted by dmt to Education (5 answers total)
Well, I first thought of University of London's external program, which is highly regarded, but then I checked and saw that they didn't have a postgrad in international relations.

You might check, though. I may have missed something.
posted by Ethereal Bligh at 10:45 AM on August 9, 2004

What do you want to do with it?
posted by stonerose at 11:20 AM on August 9, 2004

As far as I can figure from this page, there are no UK institutions offering a postgrad masters degree in international relations by distance learning. You may be able to find relevant stuff that would be of interest there. Leave the course line blank to bring up a full list of courses pertinent to whatever you put in the qualification box. The international centre for distance learning may also have some useful links.
posted by biffa at 1:23 PM on August 9, 2004

I'm in IR as an academic field... and there's really no high quality postgrad distance learning programs that I'm aware of.
posted by .kobayashi. at 2:57 PM on August 9, 2004

I second what Kobayashi is saying; I seriously doubt any schools offer a distance Graduate program in IR.

I'm doing my undergrad degree in IR in Toronto right now, just out of curiosity where are you guys studying?
posted by phyrewerx at 11:40 PM on August 9, 2004

« Older ChimpanzeeFilter   |   LEDs via Radio Frequency Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.