Who is this sculptor?
April 13, 2008 1:20 AM   Subscribe

Name that contemporary artist: magazine photos recreated in huge sculptures.

I remember seeing these huge art installations - the sculptor had taken photos from magazines, and recreated the scenes on a huge scale, exactly as they were in the photo - so from certain angles things looked really distorted, and the sculptures were cut off flat where the edges of the photo were.

Does this ring any bells? I have a feeling it's someone relatively well-known...
posted by creeky to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
do you remember where you saw these installations?
even the country would be helpful in narrowing it down

posted by jammy at 9:22 AM on April 13, 2008

Response by poster: I saw it at Le Rectangle in Lyon, three years ago or so. I don't think the artist was French, though.
posted by creeky at 10:34 AM on April 13, 2008

Response by poster: I found it! The Wang Du Parade.

Clearly, I could have described it better in the post, and I had forgotten the huge Time magazine cover carpet, which probably would have triggered someone's memories. Thanks for your replies, though.
posted by creeky at 11:43 PM on April 17, 2008

glad you found it, creeky...
posted by jammy at 12:37 PM on April 19, 2008

« Older How soon will a Miralux mattress decay into a...   |   Spill the beans Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.