Help fixing an old office chair
July 5, 2004 2:42 PM   Subscribe

I have an oak tilt/swivel chair that also has height adjustment. The height adjust mechanism is broken: the ring that's supposed to revolve and move the central post up and down has damaged threads. The store where I bought this many years ago is no longer in business. I'm not getting a lot of value out of Google searches, probably because I don't know what the parts are called. Any places that sell chair parts and/or diagrams where I can see the parts named?
posted by tommasz to Home & Garden (3 answers total)
I asked three people and 2 recommened this site as the place to call or email with your question, and the other recommended this site. Don't forget to look on the underside of your chair for a manufacturer's label and/or product code of some kind, too.
posted by iconomy at 6:54 PM on July 5, 2004

If iconomy's route doesn't work, and the chair is precious, note that machine shops will do this kind of fabrication for cheap if they are short on work.
posted by trharlan at 11:33 PM on July 5, 2004

Thanks. I've found parts that look like what I need but I think I'm going to try locally first just because there's too much the diagrams don't specify.
posted by tommasz at 6:52 AM on July 6, 2004

« Older What song is in this KFC ad?   |   Online Fulfillment House Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.