Font for 'Fin' at end of movie?
August 21, 2007 10:58 AM   Subscribe

Looking for an example of or appropriate font to recreate the 'Fin' appearing at the end of a (old) movie. I can't find anything.
posted by imaswinger to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Aristocrat LET.
posted by infinitewindow at 11:10 AM on August 21, 2007

Oldstyle on DaFont.
posted by modernsquid at 11:35 AM on August 21, 2007

Or, if it's New Wave, a sans serif like Proxima Nova, Avant Garde, or possibly Futura. (Another Typophile discussion here.)
posted by holgate at 12:02 PM on August 21, 2007

Response by poster: I'm definitely thinking along the lines of the Aristocrat LET, cursive. I can't remember a single specific movie I've seen it in either which doesn't help.
posted by imaswinger at 12:49 PM on August 21, 2007

Without knowing the movie it's hard to pick a font. However, you can browse the script fonts at MyFonts with "Fin" as the sample text here. Set it to show 96 fonts at a time.
posted by junesix at 3:22 PM on August 21, 2007

Response by poster: OK, that is awesome, thank-you. I still have no idea which one of those best matches what I'm thinking of, but I guess I'll just go through and pick my favourite. thanx!
posted by imaswinger at 3:58 PM on August 21, 2007

You probably want the "fi" in "fin" to be a ligature. These are standard in a lot of fonts particularly fancier and older-style lettering.
posted by aeschenkarnos at 12:16 AM on August 22, 2007

« Older The passing of youth and the end of my relavance...   |   Nom Nom Nom Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.