Agent for service of process for very large banks?
August 16, 2007 11:01 PM   Subscribe

How can I find out who the agent for service of process is for very large banks?
posted by Kimpossible to Law & Government (3 answers total)
The registered agent for service of process is filed in the jurisdictions where corporations do business. The secretary of state has such information and many states allow you to access it online.

Here is the search form for CA.
posted by BrotherCaine at 11:52 PM on August 16, 2007

To add to BrotherCaine's answer, you'll probably want to start with the National Association of Secretaries of State, which will take you to the right place of each state's website. Most "very large" banks are incorporated in Delaware, so if you don't need to serve them in a particular state, you're probably best off starting with the Delaware Corporate Name Search.
posted by Partial Law at 6:54 AM on August 17, 2007

In my previous law firm career, we always served banks c/o the bank President. It's been a while, but I seem to recall trolling the FDIC website for the necessary bank information. If it is a corporation, you would serve the registered agent.
posted by momzilla at 8:29 AM on August 17, 2007

« Older Where did it go?   |   I do care... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.