Centralized Advertising for the Lazy Blogger

I run AdSense on my blog, and burn my feed with FeedBurner. I would love to advertise within my feed with AdSense for Feeds (AFF) rather than the Feedburner Ad Network but AFF seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Does it still run, and how can I get into the program?
posted by mutantdisco! to Technology (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Apparently AdSense for Feeds is a closed beta, and full.
posted by lowlife at 9:37 AM on December 12, 2006

Best answer: Yeah, the feedburner network is not so hot ... lots of enormous un-related graphical banners that readers hate. Good news, though: I wrote to Google about this last month and was told that AFF was in closed beta but would be opening in early 2007 for a wider beta with other adsense users.

I assume that AFF will burn the ads and links into the feed itself so that it will be "transportable" through feedburner, but I'm not sure of the mechanics of it. Can't wait to use it myself, either!
posted by luriete at 9:54 AM on December 12, 2006

(I mean the feedburner AD network is not so hot ... feedburner itself is pretty awesome!)

Response by poster: Thanks luriete, that's the sort of information I was looking for. It seems to have been in Beta for along time without a peep of news. Hopefully I can join the wider beta.
posted by mutantdisco! at 10:21 AM on December 12, 2006

« Older RSS feed to track an investment portfolio?   |   Is AIGA group insurance worthwhile? Newer »