February 9, 2004 10:54 AM   Subscribe

Those Things That Look Like Luggage Straps That Hang Around Your Neck and You Attach Your Keys to... Is there a common name for those things? (Hard to Google without one...) And where can you buy them? And in what department? (I've looked in men's accessories, women's accessories, sporting goods...) I've never used one myself, but I need to buy one for somebody (No, it's NOT a Valentine's gift; I'm not THAT lame...)
posted by wendell to Shopping (9 answers total)
You mean a lanyard?
posted by arco at 10:58 AM on February 9, 2004

Thanks, arco, I buy your gasoline all the time...
I'll start Googling "lanyard" ('cause I'm looking for the ones with the really thick straps and don't need 100 at a time)...
posted by wendell at 11:12 AM on February 9, 2004 or any such business logo shop will sell you lanyards specialized ith your desired phrase or logo etc.
posted by BrodieShadeTree at 11:20 AM on February 9, 2004

As much as I'd like to see some people with "" around their necks, I just need one, non-customized, at this time... :)
posted by wendell at 11:29 AM on February 9, 2004

I've seen them in many college bookstores. That may be the easiest way to buy one if there is a university nearby, or try any university bookstore's website.
posted by Quinn at 11:47 AM on February 9, 2004

Dutchies, and only Dutchies, call them keycords.
posted by willem at 11:58 AM on February 9, 2004

I thought you were talking about a fob - then I noticed the 'around your neck' bit.
posted by kokogiak at 12:53 PM on February 9, 2004

I've got plenty of them. Email me.
posted by ColdChef at 1:46 PM on February 9, 2004

I've seen 'em at hip kid mall stores like Hot Topic and at department store menswear accessories counters near the Polo and Nautica stuff.
posted by Tubes at 9:38 PM on February 9, 2004

« Older Ikea Desks   |   Do people ever go from born-again to, uh, not... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.