Motherboard Slot Extention?
October 2, 2006 4:13 PM   Subscribe

Modder question: I am looking to build a very thin case-mod and wonder/cant find if a MB (PCI/Graphics/RAM) slot extention cable exists?

In my thin case-mod I do not have enough room (height) to have video and sound cards sticking up out of the motherboard. Is there such a thing as a PCI or Graphic Slot or RAM slot extention; that is, a male insert for the slot connected to a ribbon with a female end for the component?
posted by Kensational to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)
Try searching for PCI ribbon riser.
posted by Good Brain at 4:21 PM on October 2, 2006

PCI and friends here. For tiny casemods, is your friend.

You won't find the same for RAM, the signaling's too crazy. But you can get low-profile RAM that won't stick up as far.

Mostly you won't get much thinner than 1 1/2" or so, which fits into a case that fits in a single rack unit.
posted by mendel at 4:22 PM on October 2, 2006

Response by poster: RISER! (Smack on head) Thanks GB and mendel.
posted by Kensational at 4:44 PM on October 2, 2006

« Older Can I move iLife extras to a network drive?   |   Getting out of my apt and rent? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.