What kind of ball is this?
March 9, 2021 5:18 PM   Subscribe

What is this ball? I bought a set of two years ago and the label on the tube is gone. It is about 1.75 inches and very firm rubber. So too small to be a racquet or lacrosse ball I think? Too firm to be a squash ball. I’m desperate to find another one as it is the only thing that gets the knots out of my shoulders after a day hunched over the laptop. I’ve been googling for 3 days and can’t figure it out. Photo here
posted by tatiana wishbone to Health & Fitness (4 answers total)
I searched Amazon for "1.75 inch rubber ball" and found this:


Sounds like you're using it for what it is designed for.
posted by rsclark at 5:45 PM on March 9

Slightly bigger, but we use these.
posted by BlahLaLa at 6:17 PM on March 9

Looks like a Lacrosse ball to me, but if your measurement is accurate it is indeed too small.

racquet or lacrosse ball

Racquet ball is hollow (filled with air), as is a squash ball; lacrosse ball is solid rubber.

Perhaps this page would be of use.
posted by dobbs at 7:40 PM on March 9

Also slightly bigger, but cheaper. We got them on advice from my wife's Pilates instructor, and they work great:
posted by lobstah at 7:45 PM on March 9 [1 favorite]

« Older What are some great rock documentaries?   |   Can't Fight the Earworm Newer »

You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments