Qué bola? Jamar un cable.
February 6, 2019 8:12 PM   Subscribe

Cuban friend in Peru seeking asylum in US. How can I help?

She is 37 and has fled Cuba to South America to get to the US. In Peru, she got stopped by the police and had to give all her money. Now she is traveling on other people's mercy to the capital. I have known her and her boyfriend for several years. He was one of my first translators when I taught in Cuba. How can I help?
posted by Mike Mongo to Travel & Transportation around Lima, Peru (1 answer total)
Maybe help her find an attorney? From the MeFi Wiki Get a Lawyer page:
ImmigrationLawHelp.org is a searchable online directory of over 940 free or low-cost nonprofit immigration legal services providers in all 50 states. Users can search by state, county, or detention facility, and refine searches by types and areas of legal assistance provided, populations served, languages spoken, other areas of legal assistance, and non-legal services provided.
posted by Little Dawn at 10:49 PM on February 6, 2019 [1 favorite]

« Older Help me remember a book   |   Gift ideas needed Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.