When the end is nigh....
February 11, 2015 2:59 PM Subscribe
Currently in a marriage where the love has faded. Looking for advice. Blah. Blah. Blah.
Here's the scoop:
Here's the scoop:
- Married 13 years
- I cheated twice, both over several years ago.
- Recently met soul mate. Completely and unabashedly sure of this. We have not cheated physically; however, emotionally I am hers and hers alone. She's in her own situation and working on that.
- Wife controls all finance, joint bank account with direct deposit. I have no funds of my "own."
- As soon as I shift my direct deposit, she will go psycho for not having control.
- I have a history of depression, anxiety and OCD.
- I have no living relatives that I can ask for help or lodging. I have no friends.
- Wife has been wonderful through the years, is unaware of infidelity, but also is very controlling.
- She will be vindictive when it ends, and will destroy me. She will enjoy hitting my triggers and causing me pain.
- There was one instance 8 years ago where she struck me and I pushed her. She calls me an abuser every time when get into a verbal fight.
- What do I do first? How does the general concept of divorce work?
- What do you recommend for handling the finances?
- What might you suggest for my lodging options? I'm in the Northeast, so sleeping in the vehicle won't work?
- Will legal counsel meet with me even though I have no money? How do they normally accept payment?
- Are there any things that you feel that I should know going into this situation? From your personal experience?
- If I'm able to successfully separate, would moving in with my soul mate be an option? We may be able to work this, I'm just unsure if that's wise while both going through divorce.