Where can I buy waterproof mirrored acrylic?
September 16, 2014 4:13 PM   Subscribe

I'm looking for sheet mirrored plexiglass, acrylic, polycarbonate ...

I'm looking for sheet mirrored plexiglass, acrylic, polycarbonate or other plastic that won't deform in water and has a permanent anti-fog coating. Does anyone know where I can find this material?
posted by pallen123 to Technology (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Try McMaster-Carr, e.g.: http://www.mcmaster.com/#mirrored-plastic-sheets/=tr51re

Their web search has type-ahead, so if you start your search with "mirrored" their search engine will show you different mirrored materials. You can narrow your choices and drill down from there.
posted by mosk at 4:36 PM on September 16, 2014

You need your local tap plastics, or insert-whatever-your-local-plastic-shop-is-here. I'd just go on google maps and type "plastics" "plastic" "plastic store" etc.

This is a question you need to ask the person at the counter there, over the phone or otherwise. If they seem hesistant or like they don't really know, the old crusty person in the back room who cuts the plastic for big commercial orders.
posted by emptythought at 4:55 PM on September 16, 2014

Mcmaster isn't a great choice for acrylic, though they are awesome for many other things. TAP is pretty comprehensive, Ridout Plastics is good as is Delvie's Plastics . Mirrored and won't deform in water is easy, anti-fog coating may be far more esoteric and hard to find. Good luck!
posted by drapatz at 10:10 PM on September 16, 2014

« Older What midi drum kit should I buy?   |   Looking for recommendations for a Boston or Boston... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.