Hey, Chinese speakers . . . got a question for you
July 1, 2014 6:57 PM   Subscribe

Actually, that should read "Hey, readers of Chinese script, etc". Recently, some of my neighbors took exception to the opening of a homeless shelter in my neighborhood. They held a protest. Some of the signs were in Chinese. What do these signs say in English, if you've got a moment? Many thanks in advance.
posted by jason's_planet to Writing & Language (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Most of the signs in Chinese are partially blocked so the full sentence cannot be seen; the one that is not blocked says something like, "Strongly against installment of a shelter"

One in the back that is partially blocked has the words "safeguard" and "school"
posted by bearette at 7:56 PM on July 1, 2014

I think one of the blocked ones in the back is saying that building the homeless shelter is not safe; but that's just based on the words that are visible (part of the character for "safety" and the words for "shelter" and "build"
posted by bearette at 7:58 PM on July 1, 2014

« Older I miss cassette MixTapes! How to correctly...   |   Let's cure sexual dimorphism! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.