Need help finding metal decorative objects for shelf decoration
March 17, 2014 12:20 PM   Subscribe

I would like to find the metal decorative items in this picture (both the spheres in the middle and the urn things at the bottom).

I've searched at Pottery Barn, West Elm, Home Goods, etc. I have seen these "stainless steel balls" but they are too shiny-- I really preferred the "hammered metal" look. Also, they should be 10" wide at the base and chunky-shaped-- not narrow or elegant. I have a similar shelf setup and need larger items to complement the books and trinkets I already have.

Can you help me find out where to buy these, or help me with search terms to hunt for them? I am in Texas.
posted by jschu to Home & Garden (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Hammerite paint may have the finish you are looking for, and it dries really quickly, so it's easy to use.
posted by 5_13_23_42_69_666 at 12:52 PM on March 17, 2014

Have you tried emailing BHG and asking? They kind of exist to sell the products featured.

Also, have you tried Crate and Barrel (not to mention CB2)? I don't see exactly what you are looking for, but I see these neat looking spheres.
posted by maryr at 4:09 PM on March 17, 2014

Etsy has a mercury glass gazing sphere but it's blue. Maybe it could be painted, though? Based on your question you probably ruled out these from Pottery Barn: Mercury Glass Spheres. Ballard Designs sells these glass spheres but they are missing the hammered texture too. Williams-Sonoma is selling these metal spheres which maybe aren't the right color but have some hammered metal. Sorry that's the best I could find! Maybe in the fall/winter there will be more options?
posted by belau at 4:34 PM on March 17, 2014 [1 favorite]

« Older Search help for comics on newsprint   |   Why can't I stomach non-bland foods sometimes? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.