What light fixture is this?
October 6, 2013 4:17 PM   Subscribe

Some enthusiastic home dance party moves caused me to shatter one of the glass lampshades on this light fixture. I'd like to replace the shade, but I have no idea what lamp's brand or model is. Do you?

I inherited the thing when I moved in, which is why I'm not sure what it is. It might be from IKEA, because the rest of the room is chock full of Swedish furnishings, but I haven't been able to find it on ikea.com.
posted by esd to Grab Bag (3 answers total)
Best answer: In case nobody has identifying info, have you tried unscrewing one of the shades from the chandelier? Sometimes the model number or brand is printed on a sticker or engraved in one of the fixtures. You should be able to unscrew the actual chandelier from the ceiling, and the info could be attached to the underside of the metal plate.
posted by barnone at 4:27 PM on October 6, 2013

Response by poster: Thanks, barnone! I checked on the underside of the metal plate, and it turns out that the model number is D183981, which corresponds to the Kenroy Home 3 Light Down Chandelier with Brushed Steel Finish.
posted by esd at 4:44 PM on October 6, 2013

Good job! It looks like this person in Phoenix is selling the same light on Craigslist. Maybe you can buy the whole thing, but just have them send the glass covers. Otherwise, email the manufacturer. Sometimes they'll have replacement parts for out of stock pieces.
posted by barnone at 4:59 PM on October 6, 2013 [1 favorite]

« Older A Double Espresso and a Pickled Gherkin, Please.   |   One stereo speaker works off and on. I think it's... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.