Help me find a replacement pair of vintage aviators
September 2, 2013 1:10 AM   Subscribe

TLDR I need your help to identify a pair of bitchin sunglasses with no maker's mark

My friend was given a pair of vintage aviators by his dad when he was younger
and since then we have decided these are the crème de la crème of sunglassesand are looking for a replacement pair (more than one if possible)
they are tinted yellow with a sort of blue finish on the inside of the lenses
the arms have springs right after the hinge meets the frame
they seem to be made of brass (for the hinges) spring steel (for the springs) and plastic for the frame

they are completely unbranded and no numbers or letters are present on them and sadly my friend's dad can't remember where or when he bought them :/
as far as I can tell they may be raybans but I can't find any info or picture matches to support my guess

here are some picts I took of them
posted by 70klicks to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (2 answers total)
My older brother had a pair of Bollé sunglasses in the 1980s that looked a lot like this. A bit of Googling turns up the Bollé 379 model. They're not an exact match (branded, no springs on the arms) but if the basic shape and tint are the important thing, it might be a start.
posted by usonian at 6:04 AM on September 2, 2013

Kinda sorta? Haden aviators by Oliver Peoples.

It doesn't mention hinged frames, but I have a different style of Oliver Peoples aviators that do have them and I'm sure these are the same.
posted by Room 641-A at 6:41 AM on September 2, 2013

« Older Housewarming gifts, long-distance edition   |   Help me learn graphic / visual design fundamentals... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.