What is this teapot?
November 6, 2012 5:51 AM   Subscribe

I saw this tall teapot in the British tv-show Wartime Farm, so it's possibly British and from the 40s. I'd love to know what style it is, or anything that could help me find something similar - I've had no luck searching myself. Screencap of teapot
posted by Signy to Home & Garden (7 answers total)
Not quite as pretty but the Dema Simplicity is similar
posted by Gilgongo at 6:05 AM on November 6, 2012

The shape makes me think it is a hot chocolate pot, not a teapot. You might try searching under that name instead.
posted by eleslie at 6:14 AM on November 6, 2012 [2 favorites]

It looks more like a coffeepot; some of them are styled very much like teapots. (Others look like gigantic creamers.)
posted by hmo at 6:37 AM on November 6, 2012 [1 favorite]

That looks a lot like the Fiestaware Coffee Pot that my family has, which looks sort of like this one (but there are several different styles).
posted by ldthomps at 6:58 AM on November 6, 2012

I'll agree that it's a coffee pot, and Susie Cooper's are often in similar shapes and styles.
posted by peagood at 7:15 AM on November 6, 2012

Yep, that's not a tea pot, it's definately a chocolate pot.

Chocolate pots are usually inbetween tea and coffee pots: the tea pots are usually the squatiest, and coffee pots are both tallest and slimmer than the others.
posted by easily confused at 7:35 AM on November 6, 2012

Thanks to all for telling me about it not being a teapot - should help with searching!
posted by Signy at 9:29 AM on November 6, 2012

« Older Where in Sydney can I get my hair made into a wig?   |   Songs about (female) celebrity? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.