Tinseltown Sex Therapist Wanted!
August 3, 2012 7:44 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find a good sex therapist in Los Angeles?

I am close with a woman is is bisexual and has been in open relationships in the past. I care for and love her deeply and the feeling is shared. In some ways I feel as if I am coming out of the closet with bisexuality and polyamory. I have felt this way for a long time. The opportunity never really presented itself until now and I feel paralyzed.

Some of the people I've met who are involved in this lifestyle/system make me cringe. I am also wary of therapists who are too foo-foo.

I am a 40YO healthy male.
posted by anonymous to Human Relations (4 answers total)
Do you need a therapist who can deal with the emotional issues related to open relationships, or a sex therapist who treats specific sexual dysfunctions?
posted by roger ackroyd at 8:30 PM on August 3, 2012 [1 favorite]

She's in Santa Barbara but maybe could refer you to someone in LA? She taught a class I was in on human sexuality and seemed good.

posted by tacoma1 at 9:33 AM on August 4, 2012

From the OP:
Roger Ackroyd - one who can deal with emotional issues.....
posted by jessamyn at 9:02 PM on August 6, 2012

Well, for the MeFi Mag, I interviewed Dr. Susan Block (about a copy editing job, weirdly enough), and she's a sex therapist who would very much support your bi-poly identity. Whether she's right for you depends on how much you like blowsy primate-anthro modality for your sex therapy (she may, indeed, be a little too foo-foo), but she'd at least be encouraging.
posted by klangklangston at 9:02 PM on August 6, 2012

« Older They didn't teach me this in grad school...   |   Romanic Backdrop in New Zealand Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.