May 26, 2012 1:52 PM   Subscribe

Somewhat inspired by this thread, I want to order a bunch of funny stamps for friends. Questions. What is a good company to use, what is a "standard size" stamp, anything I should know about fonts, etc.? Also, should I buy an ink pad for everyone, as well, or is just getting the stamps enough?
posted by (Arsenio) Hall and (Warren) Oates to Shopping (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Yes, buy inkpads (unless the stamps are self-inking)! If you want them to actually be used, they shouldn't require the recipients to buy anything before they can use 'em.
posted by emumimic at 2:24 PM on May 26, 2012 [1 favorite]

Just a note on fonts -- avoid using curly or overly flourish-y fonts at a size that is too small. Ink spreads a bit on paper and little bitty spaces will close up which doesn't look great. They can work at bigger sizes but just something to consider. There's a reason office-y stamps have big fat fonts.
posted by jorlyfish at 9:27 PM on May 26, 2012

« Older Where to start with Supernatural?   |   Van Nuys New Wave Manifesto? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.