Standard medical clearance form?
March 19, 2012 9:21 AM   Subscribe

Is there a standard medical clearance form for immigration purposes?

(Keeping this anon because my current job doesn't know I'm leaving yet.)

I'm moving to Vanuatu! Yay! Part of the process for getting a residence permit/work visa is submitting a medical clearance form. Vanuatu doesn't have a form to fill out (that I can find), so I wonder whether there's a standard form that most countries use. I did find State Dept. and USAID forms. Do you think those would work? Will my GP know what I'm talking about?
posted by anonymous to Law & Government (5 answers total)
The best place to get an answer for this type of question is by contacting their embassy, which, oddly, appears to be in New York City, not Washington, DC.
posted by dfriedman at 9:41 AM on March 19, 2012

Actually, here's a better link.
posted by dfriedman at 9:42 AM on March 19, 2012

Yeah, other people can come up with a form, but you'd have to ask Vanuatu what they want to know whether or not it's going to do you any good. Give the embassy a call.

And it's not all that uncommon for a country with only one embassy to have it in New York. It's where the UN is, so a smaller country can kill two birds with one stone, especially if relations with the US are basically cordial and not that exciting, decreasing the need to be in DC.
posted by valkyryn at 9:45 AM on March 19, 2012

I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

* Download Form I-693 (234KB PDF)
* Download Instructions for Form I-693 (129KB PDF)

For detailed information about the medical examinations:

Applicants - Visit the Immigration Medical Examinations page linked on the right.
Civil Surgeons - Visit the Designated Civil Surgeons Page linked on the right to find update letters issued by USCIS as well as detailed information about the examination and useful links.

posted by infini at 12:19 PM on March 19, 2012

Sorry, didn't see your last sentence - your GP may NOT know - but you'll find a list of designated Civil Surgeons on the website. Also, most countries accept the US medical report (unless its too far along - in Singapore, they had their own form and conducted many of the same tests but did accept certain results from the older US tests)
posted by infini at 12:21 PM on March 19, 2012

« Older I think I hate my Volkswagen.   |   Help me make this suck less Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.