What's this piece called?
December 23, 2011 4:22 PM   Subscribe

Please help me find the name of a classical music piece I saw performed on a TV program.

Several months ago, I watched a television program about Prince Charles' love of gardening. It was a British show in a documentary format and basically consisted of the host exploring the prince's gardens and interviewing him about it. Now my question is this, the show ended with a benefit concert performed by a classical orchestra. The piece the orchestra performed was extremely beautiful and has been haunting me ever since. Does anyone know the name of the piece, or even better, have a link to the performance (or the whole program)? TIA.
posted by Devils Slide to Media & Arts (4 answers total)
Highgrove: Alan Meets Prince Charles?

This is Part 4 of the show - concert piece is at the end. I just had fake nails put on so I'm a little slow at typing but this should be on imdb with credits.
posted by iconomy at 4:36 PM on December 23, 2011

Here's a dvd and the other three parts are also on youtube, obviously ;)
posted by iconomy at 4:39 PM on December 23, 2011

O hai me again - the music was commissioned for the show.....much info and names and clips here.
posted by iconomy at 5:31 PM on December 23, 2011 [1 favorite]

Thanks a million, iconomy. The program features just a tiny snippet of the music, but since I found out it's called the Highgrove Suite and is available for sale (Amazon just has 3 copies left), I'll be ordering it promptly. Thanks again :)
posted by Devils Slide at 7:26 PM on December 23, 2011

« Older Looking for arty, nerdy, get-things-done-y...   |   Craft ideas for plain scrap fabric Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.