Arrgh! It's not Rumplestiltskin, is it?
November 29, 2011 4:14 PM   Subscribe

Plant Naming Wizards! Can you please help me remember the name of this plant, so I can read about how to care for it before all it's leaves curl up and die?

Hi Folks,

It's a long shot, but here it goes. I am looking for the name of this plant - an indoor, house plant, called something like aurelias sepitia. Any ideas?

And on the other hand, it's poor little leaves have begun to curl - any ideas on if I am over/under watering/lighting, etc., are greatly appreciated!
posted by anitanita to Home & Garden (3 answers total)
I believe that's a False Aralia. Good luck!
posted by iconomy at 4:35 PM on November 29, 2011

Dizygotheca elegantissima* commonly known as False Aralia. Curling leaves on this plant usually mean it's being overwatered (don't feel too bad though, it's a fussy plant) or it's under attack by spider mites. Check for tiny single strand webs in the middle of a leaf cluster or shake a branch over a piece of paper: if tiny red dots fall and the paper and start moving, it's spider mites which can be controlled by misting the plant with insecticidal soap.

*aka Schefflera elegantissima
posted by jamaro at 4:38 PM on November 29, 2011

Dear iconomy & jamaro,

Consider my world officially rocked awesome. You've saved me a 20 minute trip to the nursery where I bought it! Thank you both so much. My day is made. :)

posted by anitanita at 4:45 PM on November 29, 2011

« Older Starting GeekTool in the background?   |   My car is dead. What Now? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.