Kung Fu and the Bellybutton Master?

Kung fu/martial arts fans - please help me find this movie!

I had a movie on DVD once that I can't find, and I'd really like to watch it again.

The unique thing about it was that the bad guy's special power came from his belly button - when he got especially angry, it would start to pulse wildly. This belly button was an outie, of course. I can't remember exactly how he used it - it may have just given him an extra advantage of strength or something.

I also seem to remember that the good guy defeated Belly Button Man by somehow grabbing the belly button and pulling it off, and I think I remember that there was a long string attached that also got yanked out, like a root.

Searching on "kung fu" and "belly button" gets me nowhere, nor do any of the other common spellings or combinations.
posted by HopperFan to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

Enter the Invincible Hero?

"...he and Ti Ming tussle, which results in one of the more weird displays of villain defeat, as Ti Ming rips out Master Wu's belly-button and umbilical remnant, killing him."
posted by iconomy at 9:09 AM on November 20, 2011 [1 favorite]

Some weird stuff like that was in Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
posted by ducktape at 9:46 AM on November 20, 2011 [1 favorite]

iconomy, that's it! Thank you!

Now I need to go watch Kung Pow, too.
posted by HopperFan at 11:31 AM on November 20, 2011

« Older What gift to give the World's Greatest Teacher?   |   Should I stay or should I go? Newer »