"Sausage Leg" Kung Fu movie title?

Dear Metafilter, Please help me identify and track down a copy of this movie. Somewhere in the early '80s while living in the outskirts of detroit, I, as a young impressionable lass, was obsessed with watching kung fu action flicks.

One that comes to vivid flashes of memory is a fantasy mythic style kung fu flick involving a young hero (with piquant sideburns) and old wizardy master (with white hair and white mustache and beard going down to *there*) and the old wizardy master's assistant that was a midget who at some point gets his legs burned or scalded in such a way as to make his legs look like breakfast sausage links.

I only recall this flick as "Sausage Leg" kung fu.

Can you help me find the real title of this film?
posted by minjungkim to Media & Arts (5 answers total)

Hmm sounds like The Crippled Masters.
posted by damn dirty ape at 10:32 PM on February 3, 2008

Sounds like the bad dream I'm shortly going to be having. Thanks!
posted by flotson at 11:11 PM on February 3, 2008 [1 favorite]

Just had to find The Crippled Masters trailer after reading this. Doesn't look like the wizardly master has a long beard, but one of the characters does get his legs burnt with acid.
posted by kisch mokusch at 12:52 AM on February 4, 2008

While the trailer is awesome, no that is *Not* it.
posted by minjungkim at 1:27 AM on February 4, 2008

Any chance it is one of the Shaw Brothers film's Crippled Avengers? It went by a few different names. I can't find a screenshot of the legs that look like something off the bbq.
posted by saucysault at 7:56 AM on February 4, 2008

« Older I want to start making soap. ...   |  Subprimes still lending?? I th... Newer »