Buying lampshades in unusual sizes
July 11, 2011 1:05 PM   Subscribe

Where do you go to buy lampshades in unusual sizes?

So, I'm trying to restore a driftwood lamp that belonged to my great-grandparents. I've got the lamp in good condition, but the shade needs to be replaced. And it's big, and strangely sized. It's oval shaped, dimensions 13"x22" (15" height). It's going to need something of a similar shape and size. I'm willing to spend a little money on this, as it is a heirloom, but I can't even find any place to spend my money for a lampshade of those dimensions. Any advice would be most useful!
posted by .kobayashi. to Home & Garden (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I still remember Just Shades from watching Letterman when I was young - turns out they're still in business and do custom orders.
posted by Mchelly at 1:12 PM on July 11, 2011

Yes, you want Just Shades. This is just what they do. They may be pricey but they can do any type of shade you can imagine.
posted by dfriedman at 1:18 PM on July 11, 2011

That looks like an option. I'm one place better than when I started. Bonus points for anyone who knows of an answer that's in the greater Boston area. Thanks!
posted by .kobayashi. at 1:34 PM on July 11, 2011

It might be worth a look in your local Home Goods store. I often find unusual lamps and shades in there.
posted by Falwless at 1:42 PM on July 11, 2011

This Lamp and Shade Gallery is just from Google, not personal experience, but looks like the Boston-area equivalent of where I got the perfect shade for my grandmother's lamp.
posted by *s at 1:48 PM on July 11, 2011

Have you considered trying to do it yourself?
posted by LuckySeven~ at 2:42 PM on July 11, 2011

« Older Inheritance issues in Hungary   |   safe long-distance ridesharing? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.