Where can I buy a Thermapen in the D.C. Area?
March 21, 2010 9:51 PM   Subscribe

Where can I buy a Thermapen in the D.C. Area? After reading fifteen million positive reviews on this device, I'm going to take the plunge and buy one. I'm feeling a bit impatient, though, and would also like to avoid S&H costs. Do you know of any restaurant supply joints or other stores around the District that carry them? Thanks, Hive!
posted by AAAAAThatsFiveAs to Food & Drink (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Call Sur La Table. There's one on Wisconsin Ave near Friendship Heights. If it's for the kitchen, and if it's expensive, they probably have it.
posted by hawkeye at 12:34 AM on March 22, 2010

I'd give Hill's Kitchen a ring. You will also get first hand advice on any product you are considering from them (or the chefs that shop there and overhear your conversation).
posted by Pollomacho at 5:11 AM on March 22, 2010

I think you might get it sooner by just giving up and ordering it online now. I was in the SF bay area and never found one on the shelf, and that area is foodie central. I'll confirm that the Thermapen is awesome, btw. I love my Thermapen.
posted by madmethods at 9:19 AM on March 22, 2010

King Arthur Flour frequently has it online for free shipping and they occasionally have 10% - 20% off codes. It appears to be free to ship right now.
posted by hindmost at 11:27 AM on March 22, 2010

King Arthur Flour is where mine came from, actually -- should have mentioned that.
posted by madmethods at 11:43 AM on March 22, 2010

« Older I just want to watch the pretty pictures.   |   Is this where plastic comes from? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.