DNS service recommendations?
February 1, 2005 11:14 AM   Subscribe

I used to use mydomain.com to handle website and email forwarding. I would just set the DNS to their servers, and set the forwarding to a spot on my server, and it worked perfectly.

I want to be able to manage all my domain forwarding from one account that dosen't charge per domain.
posted by andrewzipp to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)
Zonedit should work for what you want to do, and for free.
posted by SteveInMaine at 11:21 AM on February 1, 2005

Just curious, what became the problem with mydomain.com? I think I still have some fallow domain names pointed there.
posted by pzarquon at 11:27 AM on February 1, 2005

I switched from mydomain.com to a paid account on dnsmadeeasy.com because of the failover. $30 a year for 150 - 500 domains is awesome.
posted by annathea at 12:23 PM on February 1, 2005

Awesome, thanks. Basically mydomain.com started doing pop under ads when you get over fifty hits per day.
posted by andrewzipp at 12:40 PM on February 1, 2005

Zoneedit are superb. It's a kind-of honor system as you are meant to pay for more than five or so 'services' from them (like domain forwarding, backup MX, and so on). However, you *could* just sign up with a new email address. That wouldn't be nice - they run an excellent service and I've not noticed a moment of downtime since I started using them for various things. It's not like they're expensive, anyway. Don't be put off by their basic web site.
posted by humuhumu at 1:54 PM on February 1, 2005

Blech. ZoneEdit was not to my liking: sketchyness and hinkyness on how they ran their DNS servers, confirmed by a DNS/unix/sysadmin guru that was working with me. Your mileage will certainly vary.

I much prefer Secondary.com (but I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for).
posted by Moistener at 5:13 PM on February 1, 2005

« Older Looking for an application to give me phonetic...   |   Dental Ass't: Cavities by Bacteria? Heart Plaque =... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.