Help me find movers for one piece of furniture.
November 17, 2008 5:39 PM   Subscribe

I see a few pieces of large furniture on NYC Craigslist I want to purchase. Are there movers in NYC who would take care of single-item, inter-borough moves like this for a decent price? And to follow up, are movers like this insured in case they do any damage during the move?
posted by helios410 to Home & Garden (2 answers total)
in the same location on CL that you saw the furniture you will find ads for MAN WITH VAN. you get what you pay for. if you need bonded & insured, it will cost you, and you will have to go a more traditional route. there's just no two ways about it.

if you are concerned you could get a few friends together and just hire a van. and if you don't drive, there are drivers on CL who will take you door to door but won't move the item for you, it's just curb to curb service.
posted by micawber at 7:01 PM on November 17, 2008

Citimove. I have used it several times and always been happy with the results.
posted by mlis at 8:40 PM on November 17, 2008 [1 favorite]

« Older SkinCareFilter: Non-Toxic anti-aging skin care?   |   Vista's popular; it thinks this is six inches. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.