What's this part of a plastic bottle cap called?
November 7, 2008 7:59 AM   Subscribe

Plastic Bottle cap anatomy: See this picture. What's the blue part called? Does it have a name?
posted by bofe to Food & Drink (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Cap liner.
posted by weapons-grade pandemonium at 8:05 AM on November 7, 2008

It's functioning as a gasket, and I imagine that is probably what they are officially called.
posted by explosion at 8:07 AM on November 7, 2008

apparently my imagination is not always correct.
posted by explosion at 8:09 AM on November 7, 2008

Also - you can make bracelets out of them. Start by tearing out the inner round portion (fold in half and bite, or use scissors to start the tear), then stretching the remaining outside ring until you can sneak your hand through.

Doesn't work with all of them though - you should start with one that looks like the "unmolested" pic on that site above.
posted by o0dano0o at 11:40 AM on November 7, 2008

« Older How can I make sure that we're as good a match in...   |   What are my options for using my US 3G iPhone in... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.