No Wig for Old Men
September 29, 2008 8:00 PM   Subscribe

Looking for bits and pieces for 'No Country for Old Men' Halloween Costume...Anyone know where I can get a 'Javier Bardem' looking bowl cut wig ?
posted by ashepp to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
If you already own a pair of scissors, you should go to that part of your town with cheap Beau-T supplies, or else here, and DIY.

But the part of your town with cheap Beau-T supplies and knock-off handbags should have exactly what you want - voice of experience here.
posted by Lesser Shrew at 8:11 PM on September 29, 2008

Seconding Lesser Shrew. You can't buy a wig that hideous -- you've gotta make that bowl cut yourself.
posted by desuetude at 8:51 PM on September 29, 2008

There are very cheap black straight-haired wigs available at all party stores. Especially this time of year. Just look for a Cher wig or something and trim it down.
posted by raygan at 9:35 PM on September 29, 2008

Might be able to find one if you search for "Robin Hood" wig.
The style is called a "pageboy", which might also be a bhelpful keyword.
posted by pseudostrabismus at 10:36 PM on September 29, 2008

It's not quite a bowl cut because of the curled-under ends, which will be hard to achieve with a self-cut wig- the cut ends will be straight and you can't curl a synthetic wig. So yeah, search "pageboy" wigs, and then put on the wig & style it by sweeping the bangs to the side with a bit of regular hair gel and a tucked-under bobby pin.
posted by pseudostrabismus at 10:38 PM on September 29, 2008

Response by poster: Awesome tips. Thanks a lot!
posted by ashepp at 1:13 PM on October 3, 2008

« Older Really rapid transit   |   Help me graduate! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.