Parking to get to Fenway?
July 10, 2008 8:38 PM Subscribe
FenwayParkParkingFilter: Driving from southern NH to go to tomorrow night's Fenway game. I think I should park somewhere and take the T in. Where do I park?
I'm traveling with family. We're all from the NH/MA area, but it'll be a first for all of us, so I want to make sure this goes off without a hitch.
The following qualities in a parking lot / T ride are important:
- A legal parking spot. (We don't want to chance it in some random shop's parking lot, and risk finding our car towed when we get back.)
- Close to the T. (Short walk from car to T.)
- Not overcrowded: the suggestion's no good if we get there and the parking lot is full! (But we don't want to be the only car in the lot, either...)
- Easy to find. (Hurf durf, city driving...)
- Preferably, cheap, but paying for quality is within reason.
- Not a sketchy place. 4 years of college in the 'burbs taught me that there are places in Boston you don't go at night, but I don't know my way around well enough to know where they are.
The bare essentials from that list: safe, convenient.
Super-bonus points for a route avoiding changing lines (the least important factor, though), telling me the T fare to expect (we don't have Charlie cards and I hear the rates have changed since I was a student), and pointing out anything else that Fenway n00bs should know.