Help me fill my RSS reader
May 30, 2008 9:41 AM Subscribe
I've found myself with a little more time on my hands. I'd like to add a few useful, relevant blogs and podcasts to the ranks of my RSS reader. Any suggestions for me?
posted by charmston to computers & internet (15 answers total) 18 users marked this as a favorite
I very much prefer quality to quantity. I'd much rather read 5 low-volume, high-quality blogs than sift through a single feed with 50 posts/day to find the ones of interest.
- Some of my favorites are intelligent blogs without a true theme. Jason Kottke, I'm looking at you.
- I'll be going into the Peace Corps in the next year. There are over 4000 blogs about it. Do you have any favorites?
- I dig web design stuff, especially in the standards arena. Favorites: A List Apart, Freelance Switch, and Vitamin.
- I also love product and packaging design blogs. Favorites: Yanko Design, The Dieline.
- After the Peace Corps, I'll be going into graduate school in either justice and peace studies or some derivative of it (international development, conflict resolution, etc.) I read no related blogs. Suggestions?
- Personal development blogs are among my favorites, especially Zen Habits, Urban Monk, and Lifehacker.
- I love baseball and tend to be the sabermetric type. Baseball Prospectus, Roto Authority...?
- Green Daily is the only environmental blog that I read. I'd like a few more.
- I recently became a vegetarian. Any favorite veggie blogs?
- I love politics but have trouble keeping up with Talking Points Memo and The Huffington Post.
I also welcome podcast recommendations. I currently listen to Boagworld
, The Rissington Podcast
, and a handful of ESPN podcasts. Any others that you think that I may like?
Thanks in advance everyone!