Seeking information about self defense course(s) and related activites/classes.
August 29, 2007 6:03 PM Subscribe
I am interested in self-defense classes. There are lots of methods and places to do this. The options are a little overwhelming and I know very little about the topic. Can somebody break it down and make some suggestions and/or recommendations that might be best suited for me?
posted by iamkimiam to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (22 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
Based on the following (below), what would be a well-rounded type of self defense that might be most effective for confidence-building, safety, and exercise?
• I am a 5' tall, physically active, late 20s female
• I have lots of free time (could attend one class, or a series, but don't know what the difference is between a single session or an intensive course)
• I live in Oakland and can travel
• Would be interested to martial arts (there's so many kinds!) and/or other forms of activity
• Classes that allow me the opportunity to meet other women and/or men in the area would be great too
Any other info and ideas welcome. Thanks!