Mama Corleone's song at Connie's wedding

In the movie, The Godfather, what is the song that Mama Corleone sings at Connie's wedding?

In the opening scene of the movie, Connie's wedding, Mama Corleone is called up on stage to sing. She then sings a traditional Italian song (at least, I think it is a traditional song). Does the hive-mind know the name of this song? Any thoughts on where I can get a copy?
posted by Flood to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

i suppose i should also say, the song is not on the movie sooundtrack
posted by Flood at 3:47 PM on August 4, 2007

This transcript says that it's the first verse of "Luna Mezz'o Mare" (warning: spelling apparently varies and I don't speak any kind of Italian). More information here. English translation here.
posted by No-sword at 4:05 PM on August 4, 2007 [2 favorites]

wow, that is it. thank you no-sword. fast and correct answer. the hive-mind knows all. thanks again.
posted by Flood at 4:13 PM on August 4, 2007

« Older What is this building? Cast...   |  Was it a first date? Can I exp... Newer »