Looking for a new kind of relaxation technique. I'm thinking something sensory, no drugs or tobacco. I thought first of incense. A) What's your experience with using incense to relax? B) Is there anything that provides a similar experience? More parameters inside.
A few more clarifying thoughts:
1) I generally do a lot of walking during the day, plugged into audio. I'm sure as a method of exercise that helps.
2) My podcast feeds keeps me with a healthy daily supply of audio to listen to and video to watch. I'm almost looking for a sensory experience to supplement that.
3) Alcohol, drugs and tobacco are all no-nos.
4) I'm a college student and so something cheap is preferred.
5) My first thought was incense. While dorm living is not kosher with incense, I might be willing to overlook that. For those of you who have used / used incense, what has your experience been like? What kinds of people take well to incense? Is there any way to use incense with minimal exposure to an open flame (I realize some of that is required)?
6) Are there any other experiences like using incense that might give the same kind of simple smell / taste experience I'm looking for?
I've read other threads.
None really describe the experience of using incense for the unconverted. Thanks everybody.