Is there a list of all active sweepstakes and contests?

I thought it might be fun to enter into every contest and sweepstakes I possibly can for a week or so. Is there a centralized list of these things? If not can someone give me pointers on how find contests especially ones that are off the beaten path. Perhaps if the hive mind works in unison this thread can make for a nice list of contests to apply to. Thanks.
posted by damn dirty ape to Work & Money (9 answers total) 35 users marked this as a favorite

FatWallet has a good forum for contests here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/c/45

Be warned, they are hardcore.
posted by AaRdVarK at 12:43 PM on May 21, 2007

BTW, by clicking that link you obligate yourself to share 15% of your winnings with me.
posted by AaRdVarK at 12:44 PM on May 21, 2007

Looks good! Keep them coming please.
posted by damn dirty ape at 12:45 PM on May 21, 2007

If I win anyting substantial, I'll donate to charity under the name "ask metafilter."

My mother belongs to the Sweepstakes Advantage list. She's won a couple of times too.
posted by cmgonzalez at 12:46 PM on May 21, 2007

There's no requirement in the US for an organization running a contest or sweepstakes to register it anywhere, so you won't find any completely comprehensive list - just consider that in scale, these may range from the latest McDonalds pull-off tab contests, and state-run lotteries, down to your local church raffles.

That doesn't mean there's no place which gathers information about as many contests and sweepstakes as it can, but you won't find a universal list.
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 12:48 PM on May 21, 2007

SlickDeals - Contests & Sweepstakes
posted by superfem at 12:58 PM on May 21, 2007

My wife uses http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/

She says "It’s the best one out there!"

She has actually won us a trip to Santa Fe and $500 at Drugstore.com!
posted by thilmony at 1:55 PM on May 21, 2007

bigsweeps
posted by flod logic at 10:56 AM on May 22, 2007

« Older Why don't I see any 2007 snaps...   |  What would Rudy Giuliani Do? ... Newer »