Help me find some new staple recipes!
May 11, 2007 12:33 PM Subscribe
Can you guys help me add some new staple recipes to my dinner repertoire? I have about 3 things that I cook, and I'm sick of 2 of them. I have a few ... issues ... with the kitchen that I'm trying to work around, which I've noted inside.
posted by tastybrains to food & drink (37 answers total) 90 users marked this as a favorite
I live with my husband so I cook for two. I like to be in charge of the cooking because I am watching what I eat (I'm on Weight Watchers, so it's just basic calorie/fat restriction) and my slender husband is happy to go along with whatever I make.
My staple recipes are:
1) Dhal soup
2) Turkey-veggie chili
3) Chicken fajitas
I want to get some new recipes into my repertoire that take into account the following:
- I tend to let produce go bad, so I want a few recipes that I can rely on frozen goods & pantry goods to make.
- Absolutely no bell peppers or seafood.
- I prefer vegetarian meals, but we do eat chicken, turkey, beef & pork at times.
- I'd like my staple recipes to include ingredients that can be easily found in a standard supermarket.
- I find meals consisting of grilled [insert meat] + steamed vegetables depressing and boring.
- I like one-pot dishes and comfort food
- I would especially like some salads to try for the summer (but I already know how to make regular tossed green salads).
Please help me - I have scoured old "help me cook healthy easy delicious meals that are cheap" and had a few good ideas, but I'm looking for a handful of things that I could easily fit into my lifestyle to make ALL THE TIME and not really get sick of them easily.