Help me watch this video without having to turn my head sideways

Being forgetful, I turned my digital camera sideways when making a video on it. So now I have a sideways video. Is there any way to make it play right side up?

If you don't know what I mean, please see this video.
posted by catburger to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Virtualdub has a rotate filter that will do what you seek. If you're lazy, post a link to your video and I'll filter it for you tomorrow (ping me if I forget to check this thread).
posted by effugas at 9:41 PM on October 28, 2006

What platform are you on? If you're able to import it and save it in Quicktime, then Quicktime Pro certainly has the ability to rotate clips.
posted by holgate at 9:42 PM on October 28, 2006

Wow, that was fast. I think I'll try Quicktime Pro, which I am currently "obtaining". Thanks!
posted by catburger at 9:48 PM on October 28, 2006

What type of file is the original video?

If you don't care what the output format is, the free Windows Movie Maker has a filter (Video Effects, Rotate) that allows you to turn a video 90 degrees. It can read various file types, but only outputs into .wmv files. If you don't care about the format, however, it works fine. I bet there are other free video programs that has a similar filter/effect, though.
posted by gemmy at 9:49 PM on October 28, 2006

(Sadly, I did this with a friend's videoTAPE recorder, while I was filming the birth of her son. Heh.)
posted by tristeza at 10:02 PM on October 28, 2006

Just to repeat, I take movies on my Digicam, which plays in Quicktime. Then in properties of movie, you can flip it (rotate 90deg) and export/save it out.

I have to export it to encode in something normal people can play anyway :)
posted by lundman at 5:51 PM on October 29, 2006

« Older EtiquetteFilter: Need help on ...   |  Is it wise to use imported, Ja... Newer »