Smooch

Hello hivemind! Does anyone know a place where you can find of traditional japanese ukiyo-e such as this only much bigger and with a bigger resolution? The idea is to have a /lot/ of fighting samurai. Thankyouverymuch you're all such lovely people. Kisses!
posted by Skyanth to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Loads of links here.
Also the Smithsonian has a large digitised collection of ukiyo-e.
2,500 large JPEGS here.
And,by the way,I'm not a lovely person.
posted by Dr.Pill at 11:52 AM on October 1, 2006 [1 favorite]

My art teacher girlfriend recommends the Artchive for high resolution images. If you know the name of the ukiyo-e artist whose stuff you like, then a google images search for large sized images is quite helpful. Judging by your tags, you seem to just be looking for high resolution battle scenes - what is your intended end result here? Desktop wallpaper? Collage? Printing and framing?
posted by enfa at 1:30 PM on October 1, 2006

Dr. Pill, those are great links.
posted by doctor_negative at 5:51 PM on October 1, 2006

I'm looking for a big battle scene out of which I can cut smaller bits of fighting warriors. But I would need the big picture as well. It's all for a webpage.
posted by Skyanth at 1:12 AM on October 2, 2006

« Older Troubleshooting a SanDisk 2GB ...   |  Did an update to my iMac last ... Newer »